Sunday, May 22, 2016

The Spirit

Some of you may wonder why "The Spirit" is the title of my Letter this week.
I just want to talk about The Spirit/The Holy Ghost...
"The Holy Ghost is the third member of the Godhead. He is a personage of spirit, without a body of flesh and bones. He is often referred to as the Spirit, the Holy Spirit, the Spirit of God, the Spirit of the Lord, or the Comforter." - Lds.org
Well, Our Week was filled of Spiritual Experiences. So, as a District Leader I talk to our Zone Leaders every night Reporting the Key Indicators of my District mates.
Since I started my mission, I treated this as a Spiritual Call Ins.
The Leaders in a mission are called of God, I understood that. And I know this is bad to say..
But since I got transferred to this Zone, I started to dislike the Zone Leaders.
They're Call Ins every night is only to "GATHER THE KEY INDICATORS"
or (get the numbers of our work).
My previous Zone Leaders does not only get our key indicators, they ask How we're doing, (Physically, Mentally, Emotionally, & Spiritually)
For me, that means a lot.
Last night I had the worst Call from our Zone Leaders
The first thing he asked me was, Why are you not calling us Elder? Did you fall asleep? (I had bad things popping in my mind after he asked me that)
I said No!!!, I was talking to one of the Elders in my District for a long time, Because He is struggling with their Companionship, They are having a hard time getting along, and He asked me to gave him counsels So, I willingly did. after sharing that to one of our Zone Leader, He didn't say a thing about that Elder from my district. He just said "Can I get the Key Indicators of your District?"
After hearing that my mood changed, I gave the Key Indicators to him in not a nice tone of voice manner, and He ended our conversation.
I learned spiritually from that experience.
As one of the Leaders of this Mission, I wanted to voice out that No matter what our position is, (Zone Leader, District Leader, Trainer, Office Elder, Sister Training Leader, or Assitants to the President) Always remember that We are all the same, We were set apart by the same Priesthood power, and as Leaders we are to, 
*Know who we are and why we have this calling
*Make sure that our leadership style was not only correct, but also constant.
*Our program should be "Do what I Do", rather than "Do what I Say"
*Make sure that WE ARE A LISTENING and UNDERSTANDING Leaders
*Be a patient,  humble, kind, selfless, pleading, loving leader.
That's in my head right now, Hopefully We can be more like the Savior whenever He calls us to be a Leader.
Also, yesterday was Stake Conference here.
Crazy, because last year I was also in this same stake when they had their Stake Conference. President and Sister Clark came to attend the conference, They gave such wonderful talks!
Sister Clark's talk was all about the Temples, while President Clark was all about being one, as Missionaries and Members when it comes to missionary work.
I have learned a lot! What's more awesome about the conference,
I get to see the members and my converts from my 2nd area!!! They were there!
I was in awe! I miss my 2nd area so much, and I am truly grateful that I had the chance to see them yesterday.
Before this conference happened, Last Saturday, Elder Mecham and I coordinated with one of the member here in our area. Our plan was we hired 2 Tricycles to send us to San Jose for the conference San Jose is like an hour Tricycle ride from our area. We invited the Less Active Family to come with us, and they did not hesitate, they energetically said yes We also have one investigator with us. We sacrificed a lot (especially walking) But it was Fun, and Worth It experience.
I Love my Trainee (Anak) He's amazing! he is doing a wonderful job in his training!
That's all for today...
Love:

ELDER ORDEJAN

Philippines Angeles Mission

Paco Roman Branch

San Jose Zone

"May we ever choose the harder right, instead of the easier wrong"

Pictures:
*On our Way to the San Jose Stake Conference
*Members and my Converts from my 2nd area
*Punay Family

No comments:

Post a Comment