Sunday, January 3, 2016

Don't look upon a Trainee as a Trainee

Hello Everyone!
Hey! Hey! Hey!
Welcome 2016!!!
The Transfers last Wednesday and Thursday went CRAZY!!!
Monday, Elder Ball left me, He is now in India Bangalore Mission (His Real Mission)
I Miss the guy, He's really a Nice & Humble Person, Had a great 8 Weeks with him.
Tuesday, I was paired with Elder Teasdale & Elder Peterson (New India Missionary)
I worked in Elder Teasdale's area.
Wednesday, It's the Day!!! Transfer Announcement!!!
Everyone in the Zone was really scared and excited...
Well, 5 areas in our Zone got whitewashed. Meaning there is a lot of New Missionaries in our Zone now.
So, Elder Teasdale (My Housemate) is staying & Elder Teasdale's new companion is Elder Teraza ( 6 Months old Missionary) from Pangasinan Philippines.
I am also staying!!! Woooohooo! I still don't wanna leave the area, & I am grateful that I am staying, But I have a Big Responsibility...
I am Training a New Missionary right now, Fresh from the MTC!
This Missionary is my 2nd Trainee (Anak).
His name is Elder Berdin (pronounced as Burden) hahaha.
He is turning 20 on the 10th of January, He is a Filipino!!! (Yay! I'm lucky, I am not yet prepared to train a Foreign Missionary)
He is from Bohol, Philippines, He is Cebuano and He doesn't know how to speak tagalog really well.
Elder Berdin is a Convert as well, He got baptized Year 2014.
He's really a nice person!!! We get along really well. ðŸ˜‡
We are doing great so far, I am helping him with his Tagalog & English.
It seems weird for me, I am teaching a Filipino How to speak our National Language. haha.
This reminds me of my first area, Back when I was with my Wonderful Trainer, Tagalog was also my Best Enemy, Why?
Because people from Visayas & Mindanao Islands does not speak tagalog.
Also, I want him to learn English, He doesn;t know How to speak english, He also wants to learn it. I am grateful for my American Companions and the CLS Book that we have that helped me learn English. haha.
I Love Elder Berdin, and I will do my very best to train him as best as I could.
Elder Berdin does not complain about the Rules and his Responsibilities which is really Awesome!!! He is filled with the principle of Humility.
We are following the Training Program and He is doing good in his part.
Now, New Year's Celebration was crazy! Firecrackers, Fireworks etc. filled the New Years Eve. I have a lot of Goals and Dreams for this Year.
One of them is to be the best out of me. I want to nourish every talents that I have.
And of course there is many more. :)
speaking about New Year...
2 of our Recent convert (Father & Son) had a fight last New Year's Eve with a Drunk Guy who was trying to mess around at our Recent Convert's Store, The Drunk Guy punched the Father So, the Son came & punched the Drunk Guy The Son was only 17 Years old, So when He punched the Drunk Guy, The Drunk Guy Punched him in the face and started beating him in front of the Father.
The Father was helpless and He saw how the Drunk Guy beats his Son.
People came & the Drunk Guy ran...
Our 2 Recent Converts was rescued by some of our Neighbors.
The Next Day, We heard the story and We went to our Recent Convert's store that is at the front of our Apartment. We were sleeping when it happened.
So, Elder Berdin & I talked to the Son, asked him if He's Okay, We decide to share a lesson for them, then he called his Father.
The Father wasn't in the mood and He looks really really mad.
I am so glad that both of them are Fine, We asked them if WE could share a short message, They both said Yes. I said the opening Prayer, After saying the Prayer,
The Father spoke to us and said: "Can I Quit Now???"
I responded, :"Where?!!!"
The Father stated (With a wavering voice): "As A Mormon!"
After He said those words, A Heavy Feeling came in my Heart, & My Brain was emptied in an instant.
My Trainee & I were both speechless for a few minutes.
I was thinking that maybe the Father will stop coming to Church.
That time I really do not know what to reply to the Father.
I Prayed in my heart for the guidance of the Holy Ghost.
And then I was inspired to share the Story of The Anti Nephi-Lehies.
I was prompted to share Alma Chapter 24 verses 12 & 13.
The Presence of the Holy Ghost filled the Room.
I went to hug the Father, and I whispered to him.
"Heavenly Father Loves You"
The Son was also shedding in tears.
This Experience strengthened my Testimony of the Holy Ghost (The Third Chair)
The Holy Ghost will touch the Heart Of the People, and that's what He did to the Father.
I am grateful that The Father, his Wife & his Son came yesterday.
Also, Sister Marinica got baptize last Saturday.
My Trainee's 1st Baptism, And our 1st Baptism for 2016.
The Service was Wonderful.
That's All for today..
Thank You All!
I Love You, & Most Especially...
HEAVENLY FATHER LOVES YOU!!!
Love: Elder Ordejan
Philippines Angeles Mission
Pictures:
*Baptism
*Elder Berdin & Me
*Housemates
*Elder Naylor & Me!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment